Wolftrap Parent Resources
What is Wolfie Time?
Wolfie Time is a dedicated time in every school day, in every grade, for every student, where no new materials are presented. During this time, we invite parents and grandparents to come in and help us with our students as we reteach and extend lessons/topics that have already been covered. Students are placed in small groups and the teacher plans for each small group of instruction. These groups are routinely changed to reflect current student performance.
We Need Your Help!
To help us meet ALL of our students’ needs, we are asking for your help! We are looking for parents and grandparents to help with various tasks during Wolfie Time. Please consider one of the following positions for which to volunteer:
- Room Manager - We are looking for parents/grandparents with classroom management skills. The Room Manager is someone who can help students with questions and assist with maintaining classroom behavior so that our teachers can focus on instruction with a small group of students.
- Small Group Support - "Many hands make light work!" Students are placed in small groups and given a task/lesson to complete. We are looking for parents to help with some of our small groups of students. Activities can include playing games geared towards reviewing topics already covered, assisting students while they participate in computer games/activities, or reviewing concepts with children in reading, math, social studies and science.
How Can I Volunteer?
- Weekly Volunteer - You would like to come in and help EVERY week at a specific time slot. You will indicate which times are good for you and we will place you in a classroom to help.
- Bi- Monthly Volunteer - You would like to come in and help a couple of times a month in a specific time slot. You will indicate which times are good for you, match you with another parent/grandparent with similar requirements, and place you in a classroom to help.
- Monthly Volunteer - You would like to come in and help once a month in a specific time slot. You will indicate which times are good for you, match you with another parent/grandparent with similar requirements, and place you in a classroom to help.
- Wolfie Time Sub - You may not be able to devote a specific time slot every week, but you still want to help. We will create a Wolfie Time Sub list and contact parents/grandparents on an as-needed basis. You can also let us know specific weeks that you will be available (time off from work etc) by contacting the Wolfie Time Parent Liaison.
Questions? Please contact your child's classroom teacher.