Change of Transportation
Change of Transportation Procedures & Release of Students
Arrangements for all play dates and visits to friends should be scheduled after students arrive safely home from school. Should an emergency require a change in transportation, the parent should send a note to school or email the attendance line [email protected] by 9:15 a.m. that day.
When a parent makes a change to his/her child’s after school arrangement, please follow these guidelines:
** Change of transportation notes should be sent in with your child by 9:15 a.m. Please instruct your child to hand the notes into their teacher first thing in the morning.
** Students may only ride their assigned bus. Changes in transportation cannot include any bus changes.
Release of Students:
The end of the school day is busy with transitions and teachers assigning homework, so classes will not be interrupted with early dismissals after 2:50 p.m.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION!
Kiss and Ride
The following Kiss & Ride procedures will ensure a smooth and safe process for all:
• Load and discharge children only in the Kiss and Ride area.
• Pull your car as far forward as possible before stopping to load or discharge children.
• Load and discharge children from the passenger side of the vehicle only; children should not cross the driveway in front of traffic.
• Remain in the driver’s seat. A staff member will be available to help students open and close car doors as needed.
• Keep goodbyes brief as other drivers will be waiting behind you to drop off children.
• Exit the Kiss and Ride promptly after loading or discharging children.
• When picking up children, pull into the Kiss and Ride area and wait in your car. Do not use the parking lot or the side streets as alternate Kiss and Ride locations.