Fourth Grade Updates
See what happened in Fourth Grade this month.
We are looking forward to our last month with your 4th graders! There will be a lot of exciting events. Thank you for all you do to support us!
In our Language Arts block we will be working on a Project Based Learning assignment (PBL). Our driving question is: How can you, as a Landscape Architect, redesign Meadowlane Park in Vienna to make it accessible to everyone? Students will have to create a blueprint, select suitable equipment, follow budget and size of lot limitations, and plan a pitch for their design.
Fairfax County History
The students will demonstrate knowledge and understanding of significant events, places, and people in Fairfax County history by:
- Describing and locating past events in the history of Fairfax County
- Describing the history of the people of Fairfax County
- Analyzing economic and governmental features of Fairfax County
Sciences in the Garden
- The structures of typical plants and the function of each structure
- Processes and structures involved with plant reproduction
- Adaptations allow plants to satisfy life needs and respond to the environment
End of Year Unit: Review 4th Grade Concepts
- During June, we will work on creating our own board games to review the concepts from 4th grade math.
Unit 9: Data and Probability
- Determine the probability of an outcome by constructing a sample space or using the Fundamental (Basic) Counting Principle
- Represent data in line plots and stem-and-leaf plots
- Interpret data represented in line plots and stem-and-leaf plots
- Compare data represented in a line plot with the same data represented in a stem-and-leaf plot
- Describe mean, median, and mode as measures of center
- Describe mean as fair share
- Describe the range of a set of data as a measure of spread
- Determine the mean, median, mode, and range of a set of data
Unit 10: Decimal Computation Part 2
- Find the product and quotient of two numbers expressed as decimals through thousandths (divisors with only one nonzero digit)
- Create and solve single step and multistep practical problems involving decimals (all four operations)
June 5 4th Grade Mini Musical for Parents (Specials Group 42)
June 6 Patrick Henry Library Visit; Worm Musical
June 7 End of Year Party (8:40-10:40 AM)
June 12 Final Wolfie Fest: Teacher Fest + Yearbook Signing w/ 1st Grade Buddies
June 13 End of Year Awards Assembly, Progress Reports Sent Home Today, 3
Hour Early Release, Last Day of School