Registering Your Child for Wolftrap
To register your rising kindergartener please click here https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0545abac2da2f85-kindergarten7
A child may enter kindergarten if he or she turns five on or before September 30 of the year he or she enters school. A child who will be six years old on or before September 30 must attend school. However, a qualifying parent may elect to provide home instruction for his or her school-age child in lieu of school attendance. All kindergarten programs in FCPS are full-day and are housed in our elementary schools. Check your school’s web page or contact the school for specific enrollment information and dates of orientation that typically occur between mid-March and the end of June.
To register your rising 1st -6th grader please click here https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0545abac2da2f85-1st6th
To enroll a student the following criteria must be met:
STEP ONE: Eligibility for Enrollment
School age students must be living with a natural or legally adoptive parent in Fairfax County to be eligible for admission into Fairfax County Public Schools. According to the Code of Virginia (22.1-1), children who reach their fifth (5th) birthday on or before September 30 of the school year are eligible for kindergarten enrollment.
STEP TWO: Residency Requirements
The enrolling parent and the student (natural or legally adoptive) must be physically residing in Fairfax County. Students are expected to attend the school assigned to their home address.
To find your local school please visit the FCPS boundary locator.
Parents who reside with their child in a property that they own or rent generally should provide one of the following documents:
- Deed of the parent's house
- Lease in the parent's name signed by the rental management office
- A resident manager's letter with company letterhead stating residence of parent
- Parents who live with the child in a residence of someone else need to provide all of the following:
- FCPS Student Registration Leaseholder or Homeowner Affidavit
- FCPS Student Registration Residency Affidavit
- Deed or lease of homeowner or leaseholder
- Three supporting documents in the parent’s name showing Fairfax County address, selected from the following list:
- Employment (current employer verification on company letterhead or current payroll stub)
- Car document or ID (Virginia driver’s license, car registration, car insurance policy or bill or Commonwealth of Virginia identification card)
- Utility bill (cell phone, Internet, gas, water, electricity, cable, or telephone)
- Tax document (current income tax form 1099, withholding form W-2)
- Official correspondence (bank statements, Department of Family Services, medical bills, Housing Choice Voucher, U.S. government issued document or other county or agency correspondence)
STEP THREE: Registration Requirements
- In order to start the registration process, please fill out the Home Language Survey .
- If English is the only language shown on the survey, contact your local school for a registration appointment.
- If a language other than or in addition to English is shown on the survey, contact any one of our registration sites, UNLESS you are registering for kindergarten:
- Dunn Loring Center
2334 Gallows Road , Dunn Loring, VA 22027
Contact person: Patricia Durish, firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays
Information for Guardians or Legal Custodians:
Contact Lemma Husseini at 703-204-6744, Fax: 703-204-6739
- Lake Anne Reston
11484 Washington Plaza West, Suite 310, Reston, Virginia
Contact person: Maria Miller
Hours: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays
- South County Student Registration Welcome Center
8333 Richmond Highway, Alexandria, VA 22309
Contact person: Jeanette Medina
Hours: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays